Bug with jprobes and function graph tracer

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Jan 08 2015 - 12:20:28 EST

Hi Masami,

First, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year :-)

OK, now back to business.

It has come to my attention that jprobes and function graph tracing do
not play nicely together. I think you once told me they have issues as
well.

A simple way to test this is to load the jprobe_example.ko module and
then run function graph tracing.

Should we try to fix this? Or should it just be that users need to know
not to enable the two together. Or we can prevent one from starting if
the other is being used.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the subject.

-- Steve