Re: libaio tarballs on <kernel.org>

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Sun Jan 04 2015 - 05:02:54 EST

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Dongsheng Song <dongsheng.song@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have also seen... with outdated material?
>>

> we can use syscall.h and aio_abi.h directly.
>
> IMHO, I think libaio is of little value. It's just simple wrappers of
> aio syscall and some useful macros. It will useful only when it
> implement posix aio api, but this only on the roadmap.

Thanks for your feedback.

The background of my asking was that I wanted a higher version of
libaio-dev which is a prereq for fio on Ubuntu/precise for my tests
with loop-mq feature.

Cannot say if it is possible to build with syscall.h and aio_abi.h
directly (shipped with the Linux-kernel sources which might change
from release to release).

- Sedat -