[BUG] fuse: request prepared before protocol version is known

From: Eric Biggers
Date: Tue Dec 23 2014 - 12:58:11 EST

I am using Linux 3.19-rc1 and I encountered a bug where stat() would
sporatically fail with EIO when called on a file in a FUSE filesystem very
shortly after that filesystem has been mounted. This is a regression caused by
commit 7078187a: "fuse: introduce fuse_simple_request() helper".

The underlying issue is that the arguments to the FUSE request are being
initialized before the protocol version (fc->minor) is known. This was not a
problem with the old code because fuse_get_req() will wait until the channel has
been initialized.

The only potential solutions I have in mind are adding an explicit waits in all
the needed places, or reverting the commit.

Eric