Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Dec 23 2014 - 09:57:10 EST

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 03:59:19PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> But in the meantime please do keep that thing running as long as you
> can. Let's see if we get bigger jumps. Or perhaps we'll get a negative
> result - the original softlockup bug happening *without* any bigger
> hpet jumps.

It's been going for 18 hours, with just a bunch more of those hpet
messages, all in the same range. I'll leave it go a few more hours,
before I have to wipe it, but I've got feel-good vibes about this.
Even if that patch isn't the solution, It seems like we're finally
looking in the right direction.

Dave