RE: [DISCUSSION] USB device remote wakeup is not working for S3 case

From: Du, Changbin
Date: Tue Dec 23 2014 - 00:40:46 EST

> You have to make sure that wakeup is also enabled for the host
> controller the device is attached to. For some host controllers, it
> may also be necessary to enable wakeup for the root hub.

Yes, the root-hub is not wakeup enabled by default, actually hub
devices are not enabled. It works after I enable it via sysfs interface.

> > Could we also enable wakeup for usb mouse? Or is there any concern to
> enable it?
> > Per my opinion, most people may expect clicking mouse can awake system.
>
> It doesn't matter to me, but you should ask the people on the
> linux-input mailing list.
>
> Also, what about wakeup for a non-USB mouse? Shouldn't that be enabled
> as well?
Unfortunately the mouse I found are all of usb so cannot confirm it. The
concern is if we want usb keyboard/mouse wakeup work by default, it does
make sense only if the parent hubs are also enabled by default. This is a policy
issue and may be better place it on userspace. I have no better idea :) .

> Alan Stern
Regards
Du, Changbin