Re: linux-next: missing merge fix for the access_once tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Dec 22 2014 - 23:12:28 EST

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been carrying this merge fix patch for some time. It should
> have gone into the merge of the access_once tree.

No, you had a different tree that got merged into linux-next, that
made it an error to do ACCESS_ONCE() on a structure.

The thing I merged didn't actually have that final commit, exactly so
that things wouldn't break from missing conversions.

So that patch isn't wrong, but it also isn't exactly a required fix
until the next merge window..

Linus