Re: net: integer overflow in ip_idents_reserve

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 20:15:37 EST

On 12/16/2014 06:09 PM, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:

>> > This is a false positive.
> Also we compile the whole kernel with -fno-strict-overflow, so every
> report of signed overflow leading to undefined behavior is probably a
> false positive. I don't know if it is worth to try to get rid of them, I
> doubt it.

I reported this one because there's usually some code to handle overflow
in code that expects that and here there was none (I could see).

For example, the ntp code had a few cases where a user could generate
overflows and mess up quite a few things (he got what he asked for -
problems).

Thanks,
Sasha