Re: Possible regression with commit 52221610d

From: Bjorn Andersson
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 13:19:07 EST

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Bjorn Andersson <bjorn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Tim Kryger <tim.kryger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Bjorn Andersson <bjorn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [..]
>>> Or simply; what is vmmc (in the code) supposed to represent?
>>
>> Hi Bjorn,
>>
>> VMMC is the supply that delivers power out to the SD card itself (aka VDD).
>>
>> It is not the internal power rail/power domain of the host controller
>> within the SoC.
>>

> Thanks for you answer Tim, I'll write up a patch for the Qualcomm
> driver that add the possibility of specifying an internal supply for
> the devices where that uses that.
>
> My only concern is that for any standard compliant sdhci driver we're
> supposed to have a info printout that vmmc was not found (but vqmmc is
> there). But I guess that's a matter of proper documentation and hoping
> people don't pay too much attention to it?

Sorry, this is wrong.

We are routing the regulators straight to vdd of the memory and should
hence use vmmc to specify this. However unless I actually program 0x29
in the Qualcomm sdhci block I get no responses from the card.

Which I believe is correct behavior as the SDHC specification [1] says
the following about BIT(0) of 0x29:

"If this bit is cleared, the Host Controller shall immediately stop
driving CMD and DAT[3:0] (tri-state) and drive SDCLK to low level".

So I think 52221610d is indeed incorrect.

[1] https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/pls/simplified_specs/archive/partA2_300.pdf

Regards,
Bjorn