Re: [RFC 2/4] Documentation/SubmitChecklist: Remind submitters to check the merge window

From: Kalle Valo
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 02:08:07 EST

Kevin Cernekee <cernekee@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> +27: For patches which are not urgent fixes for bugs in the current tree,
> + double-check https://www.kernel.org/ to make sure the merge window is
> + CLOSED ("mainline:" showing an -rc kernel) before sending. For more
> + information on the release cycle, see Documentation/development-process/.

Maybe the crystal ball should be extended to show if the merge is open
or closed? And if it's closed, an estimate when the next merge window
starts would be nice ("Merge window is closed, estimate for it to open:
21 days").

http://phb-crystal-ball.org/

I'm sure Johannes would be happy to take patches.

--
Kalle Valo