Re: [git pull] drm for 3.19-rc1

From: Thomas Hellstrom
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 01:18:50 EST

On 12/16/2014 01:35 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> i915:
>> Initial Skylake (SKL) support
>> gen3/4 reset work
>> start of dri1/ums removal
>> infoframe tracking
>> fixes for lots of things.
> So I'm not sure how happy I am about this. It seems to work, but on
> the very first boot I get this:

So this is my fault.

I posted the patch and there was a discussion with Chris Wilson at Intel
on dri-devel following the post concluding that the intel user-space
driver was type-casting dumb buffers, and that that was legitimate since
it didn't take place in generic user-space, but in a driver that had
detailed knowledge of the driver.

So I should have explicitly have withdrawn the patch. I'm sorry about this.

Thanks,
Thomas