Re: [GIT PULL] Staging driver patches for 3.19-rc1

From: Greg KH
Date: Mon Dec 15 2014 - 13:56:43 EST

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:41:03AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:39:15AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 07:23:35PM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> > > I don't understand this kind of logic.
> > > a) Binder is considered a piece of shite.
> > > b) Google is working on a (hopefully sane) replacement.
> > >
> > > Why moving it out of staging then? What is the benefit?
> >
> > There is none, and Greg didn't even bother addressing the various
> > comments when this first came up.
>
> I thought I did, it was a long thread at the time, and I was on the road
> for 3 weeks, sorry if I missed something.
>
> > So a clear NAK from me on this one.
>
> You don't have to maintain it, I do, so why does it concern you?

Ok, that was a bit snotty on my part, I apologize.

But really, this is self-contained, doesn't touch any core
infrastructure, and is really just like any other driver for hardware
that people don't use. It shouldn't affect anything elsewhere in the
kernel, so objecting to it seems odd to me.

thanks,

greg k-h