[RFC 0/4] Stop maintainer abuse

From: Kevin Cernekee
Date: Mon Dec 15 2014 - 01:13:31 EST

This patch series amends the kernel development process to reduce the
load on key maintainers during peak periods, by discouraging the submission
of non-urgent patches while the merge window is open.

Original discussion here:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/12/772

(As a non-subsystem-maintainer I don't really have a horse in this race,
but if everyone else agrees that it's the right thing to do, we might as
well make it the official policy and start teaching it to new developers.)

Kevin Cernekee (4):
Documentation: Change policy on sending patches during merge window
Documentation/SubmitChecklist: Remind submitters to check the merge
window
Documentation: Add cutoff periods for patch acceptance
Documentation: Provide suggestions on when to repost patches

Documentation/SubmitChecklist | 5 +++++
Documentation/development-process/5.Posting | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++++
Documentation/development-process/6.Followthrough | 5 ++++-

2.1.1