Re: [GIT PULL] kselftest-3.19-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Dec 13 2014 - 16:32:52 EST

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Shuah Khan <shuahkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the following kselftest updates for 3.19-rc1. Details
> in the singed tag:

Gaah. Why do you do this to me?

> git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest
> fixes

That's the wrong format, but it's also the wrong branch name.

What it *should* have said is

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest
tags/kselftest-3.19-rc1

which is actually publicly accessible, and has the right tag name.

EXCEPT THAT'S WRONG TOO! The actual kselftest-3.19-rc1 tag doesn't
point to the commits in fixes at all! It points to commit
0df1f2487d2f, which is my 3.18-rc3 commit.

Please fix your script/workflow. I'm not pulling this mess.

Linus