Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: Martin van Es
Date: Fri Dec 12 2014 - 07:59:06 EST

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Martin van Es <mrvanes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hope this may help in finding the right direction for this bug?
>
> If you can reproduce it with your spare J1900 system and could perhaps
> bisect it there, that would be a huge help.

I've finally received the memory I needed to prepare the spare J1900
and have it now configured as mythfrontend to the DVB-C backend that
was freezing on 3.17.3. It's been playing liveTV for hours now and is
still going strong. I'd say the freezes can't be reproduced this way.
The only difference being the disk I/O that is missing on the
front-end.

I will give 3.18 a try on production J1900. Knowing I can go back to
safety in 3.16.7 won't hurt too much of my reputation I hope.

Best regards,
Martin
--
If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logic operator