Re: [GIT PULL] vfs.git

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Dec 11 2014 - 13:35:03 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 06:06:24PM +0000, Al Viro wrote:

> Check the remaining users of ->f_path.dentry. I agree that they ought to
> be encapsulated into a sane set of helpers - raw access to ->f_path in
> filesystems is asking for serious trouble. And we have very few such places
> remaining.

Sloppy writing: insert "with the exception of filesystems that are not
going to be suitable for any form of stacking" - there _is_ a bunch of
debugfs, configfs, kernfs places using that. They'd also better be
taken care of, but it's an independent story; for overlayfs/unionmount/etc.
purposes they are non-issue.

BTW, there are several places where ->f_path.mnt access is the right thing
to do - in autofs. Also a non-issue here...