Re: [Query] Spurious interrupts from clockevent device on X86 Ivybridge

From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Thu Dec 11 2014 - 00:18:55 EST

On 11 December 2014 at 10:14, Preeti U Murthy <preeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was talking of the case where we get an interrupt from the clockevent
> device but dont find the hrtimer to service and not really of an anomaly
> in timekeeping.

For sure that's a problem then and its obviously spurious unless we wanted
it to behave that way.

> For instance one of the issues that we had seen earlier wherein we
> cancel the tick-sched-timer before going tickless, but since we had
> programmed the clock event device to fire, we get a spurious interrupt.

Yeah and so we need something like ONESHOT_STOPPED there..

I thought you are also talking about some *possible* races which might
occur between cancelling a timer and hrtimer_interrupt() getting called.
Don't know if such a race is possible though.