RE: [Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE][RFC] KVMGT - the implementation of Intel GVT-g(full GPU virtualization) for KVM

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 19:34:14 EST

My point is that KVMGT doesn't introduce new requirements as what's
required in IGD passthrough case, because all the hacks you see now
is to satisfy guest graphics driver's expectation. I haven't follow up the
KVM IGD passthrough progress, but if it doesn't require ISA bridge hacking
the same trick can be adopted by KVMGT too. You may know Allen is
working on driver changes to avoid causing those hacks in Qemu side.
That effort will benefit us too. So I don't think this is a KVMGT specific
issue, and we need a common solution to close this gap instead of
hacking vGPU device model alone.

Thanks
Kevin