Re: selftests: question about git repos containing selftest.

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Tue Dec 09 2014 - 15:34:15 EST

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Young, David <dayoung@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, I was definitely looking at the master branch of linux-kselftest.
>
> There are still more changes in linux-next repo, should those be considered as "in progress"?

Patches in linux-kselftest fixes branch are the ones I included in my
pull request
I just sent out. linux-next might have some selftest patches that are part of a
series that depend on a sub-system API. Maybe that is what you are seeing
in linux-next.

For example there are ftrace selftest patches in linux-next that
depend on ftrace
sub-system, hence they funnel through ftrace. Same thing happens with mm
related things.

Do you have specific patches in linux-next that you have questions about?

-- Shuah