Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: DÃniel Fraga
Date: Sun Nov 30 2014 - 20:02:54 EST

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 16:21:19 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe you'll have to turn off RCU_CPU_STALL_VERBOSE first.
>
> Although I think you should be able to just edit the .config file,
> delete the like that says
>
> CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU=y
>
> and then just do a "make oldconfig", and then verify that
> TREE_PREEMPT_RCU hasn't been re-enabled by some dependency. But it
> shouldn't have, and that "make oldconfig" should get rid of anything
> that depends on TREE_PREEMPT_RCU.

Ok, I did exactly that, but CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU is
re-enabled. I talked with Pranith Kumar and he suggested I could just
disable preemption (No Forced Preemption (Server)) and that's the only
way to disable CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU.

Now I'll try to make the system freeze, then I'll send
you the Call trace.

Thanks.

--
Linux 3.17.0: Shuffling Zombie Juror