Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the asm-generic tree

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Nov 19 2014 - 04:22:22 EST

On Wednesday 19 November 2014 18:54:14 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
> After merging the asm-generic tree, today's linux-next build (sparc
> defconfig) failed like this:
>
> In file included from include/linux/io.h:22:0,
> from include/linux/irq.h:23,
> from include/asm-generic/hardirq.h:12,
> from arch/sparc/include/asm/hardirq_32.h:10,
> from arch/sparc/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
> from include/linux/hardirq.h:8,
> from include/linux/memcontrol.h:24,
> from include/linux/swap.h:8,
> from arch/sparc/include/asm/pgtable_32.h:17,
> from arch/sparc/include/asm/pgtable.h:6,
> from include/linux/mm.h:52,
> from include/linux/pagemap.h:7,
> from include/linux/blkdev.h:14,
> from init/do_mounts.h:2,
> from init/do_mounts_rd.c:21:
> arch/sparc/include/asm/io.h:14:0: warning: "readb_relaxed" redefined

Thanks for the report! I think we had seen this one before, but from what
I remembered, Will had already fixed all problems like this one. Apparently
the version I merged did not have the fix, so I applied the patch below
on top of my branch, and checked that it works on both sparc32 and sparc64.

Let me know if I should fix it differently.

Arnd