Re: BUG_ON in virtio-ring.c

From: Alexey Lapitsky
Date: Tue Nov 04 2014 - 09:45:04 EST

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay. It prints exactly the same:

[ 3.792033] virtqueue elements = 128, max_segments = 126 (1 queues)
[ 3.802191] vda: vda1 vda2 < vda5 >

A little bit more about my setup (if it helps):

It's a qemu-system-x86_64 kvm instance with 16 cores and 10G of RAM.
I can reproduce the bug every time with mkfs.btrfs on a 10GB LVM
volume (right after the reboot).

I have almost no knowledge of vring / virtio.
Is it correct that we need just one sg_elem entry in the vq->vring if
vq->indirect flag is set?
That's what I thought when applying the "BUG_ON(total_sg >
vq->vring.num && !vq->indirect)" patch.