arch/microblaze/kernel/head.S: redundant code?

From: Adrian McMenamin
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 11:22:48 EST

Looking at this code at line 78 (in 3.17 kernel) it has:

mfs r1, rmsr
msrclr r8, 0
cmpu r8, r8, r1

But as far as I can see the result of that comparison is never used -
the comments state it is to test if the msrclr instruction is
enabled.

Haven't posted a patch because I am using the code to understand how
to write my own boot code for a very specific Microblaze application -
but perhaps someone with real expertise could look and/or tell me I'm
wrong?

Cheers

Adrian

(apologies to Michal Simek for getting this twice)