Re: 3.18-rc0: iwlegacy failed after a while

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Oct 28 2014 - 18:20:26 EST

On Sun 2014-10-26 12:05:54, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > > This is running pretty standart MATE desktop, and no, I don't think I
> > > enabled that.
> >
> > It can be checked by "iw dev wlan0 get power_save" .

So it seems I have power save on. I guess someone enabled it for me :-).

root@duo:~# iwconfig wlan0
wlan0 IEEE 802.11abg ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=15 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on

root@duo:~# iw dev wlan0 get power_save
Power save: on
root@duo:~#

> > More important quiestions: Is this regression, did you see this error
> > before? How reproducible is this problem?
>
> I've never seen it before, and it only happened once after update to
> 3.18-rc.

Today wifi failed, again. Will reboot. dmesg is in the attachment,
looks like same fail.

Pavel