Re: Machine crashes right *after* ~successful resume

From: Wilmer van der Gaast
Date: Mon Oct 27 2014 - 18:22:31 EST

Hello,

On 27-10-14 18:23, Yinghai Lu wrote:

04:00.0 PCI bridge: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Device 8892

So that ITE will not work after suspend/resume?

Even after the first one already, you mean?

Honestly, I don't really know what its purpose is, and it doesn't have any child nodes in the PCI tree from what I can tell. Possibly because I don't have any PCI cards in the machine, just a PCIe video card - assuming this is a PCI bridge taking care of legacy PCI plugin cards?

Please apply 4 attached patches and try to remove the device like

echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:04\:00.0/remove
echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:00\:1c.3/pcie_link_disable

before suspend/resume test.

That worked! Resumed properly now.

Full log in http://gaast.net/~wilmer/.lkml/good3.17.txt . Including the PCI dump at boot time, where that device doesn't dump just ff's.

Wilmer van der Gaast.