Re: 3.18-rc0: iwlegacy failed after a while

From: Stanislaw Gruszka
Date: Sun Oct 26 2014 - 06:36:17 EST

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 01:42:46PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Since 3.17 we have only 2 minor iwlegacy changes on current linus tree.
> > If this is a regression it's probably caused by different subsystem
> > changes, most likely by PCI changes. If this is not regression, such
> > errors could be caused by enabling PS, but that has to be done
> > explicitly, Pavel did you enable power_save ?
>
> This is running pretty standart MATE desktop, and no, I don't think I
> enabled that.

It can be checked by "iw dev wlan0 get power_save" .

More important quiestions: Is this regression, did you see this error
before? How reproducible is this problem?

There is this message in the dmesg:

iwl3945 0000:03:00.0: BSM uCode verification failed at addr 0x00003800+0 (of 900), is 0xa5a5a5a2, s/b 0xf802020

0xa5a5a5a2 value suggest that we disconnect from the PCI bus, hence
this could be also a H/W problem.

Stanislaw