Re: Machine crashes right *after* ~successful resume

From: Wilmer van der Gaast
Date: Wed Oct 15 2014 - 19:35:44 EST

Hello Yinghai,

On 15-10-14 19:39, Yinghai Lu wrote:

so third resume will not work? that is strange.
second and third should not use same code path...

Always exactly the third time, yes. Seems strange indeed. :-( I was under the impression that on each resume, completion time of device resumes was growing, and wondered whether that could be related. However looking back at my logs, this is not consistent, in some cases the time is constant.

Anyway, your patch works! Had to tweak it slightly to apply cleanly to the 3.17 tarball I have, but my machine now went through eleven successful suspend+resume cycles again.

Is there anything I can do now to find out why your change is causing my machine to crash?

Thank you!

Wilmer v/d Gaast.

--
| wilmer : :' : gaast.net | | OSS Programmer www.bitlbee.org |