Re: [perf] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000085

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Oct 07 2014 - 04:17:50 EST

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 01:03:48PM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> > What is lacking is the actual .config.
>
> Sorry, attached the .config. I expected the script to auto attach it,
> but obviously it's not yet perfect and failed to attach .config in
> this case.

Sure no problem, just figured I'd tell you.

> > Also the times above (~285 seconds) seem to suggest userspace needs to
> > do something ?
>
> It's trinity. I'll try upgrade it, but it seems be valid for trinity
> to feed kernel with any parameters that it can accept -- unless the
> kernel completely rejects it one day.

OK, does it make sense to augment that script you have with a trinity
parameter? Maybe have that userspace read the kernel cmdline and also
run trinity when observed?

That way you can provide full reproduction environments, which it
appears you're striving towards.