Re: FIX Me in pgtable.h

From: Laura Abbott
Date: Tue Sep 23 2014 - 23:22:13 EST

On 9/23/2014 6:04 AM, nick wrote:
Greetings Arm Maintainers,
I am wondering about the fix me in pgtable.h for define kern_addr_valid and how to set it to a correct
value as you state that this needs to be fixed as the defined macro is still 1. This is probably incorrect
and should be changed.
Thanks,
Nick

It's not clear to me how valuable fixing kern_addr_valid would actually
be for arm. It seems to be used in exactly one place, fs/proc/kcore.c
and the associated Kconfig is explicitly marked if !ARM. Nearly all
other archs minus x86, arm64 and sparc are in the same boat as well.

Thanks,
Laura

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation