Re: linux-3.16.y: acpi-battery fixes

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Sat Sep 13 2014 - 11:25:46 EST

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 02:52:52PM +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I hoped the acpi-fixes from [1] (especially [2]) would fix my shown
> "85% battery available", but a Ubuntu/trusty kernel reports the same
> (battery defect?).
> The 2nd revert is applicable, the 1st not, both are labeled with 3.16+.
>
> Wanna pick them or have it already on your to-do?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> - Sedat -
>
> [1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/log/?h=acpi-battery
> [2] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/commit/?h=acpi-battery&id=508b3c677601797f2d51df3df5caa436dd235cb9

First off, stable kernel questions should go to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
not just to me.

Secondly, I don't understand what you are asking here. What exact fix
in Linus's tree do you want to see in a stable backport that I haven't
taken already? I've queued up a number of ACPI fixes for 3.16.3, are
they not sufficient?

thanks,

greg k-h