Re: repeated bugs in new rtl wifi drivers

From: Larry Finger
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 19:38:42 EST

On 09/11/2014 05:27 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
Hi,

I keep fixing this same bug that keeps showing up in the rtl wifi
drivers. CL_PRINTF keeps getting redefined (incorrectly) instead of
using a correctly fixed global. Is there a way to stop this from
happening again?

Here are the past three (identical) fixes I've landed:
a3355a62673e2c4bd8617d2f07c8edee92a89b8d
037526f1ae7eeff5cf27ad790ebfe30303eeebe8
6437f51ec36af8ef1e3e2659439b35c37e5498e2

And the buildbot report below seems to show there are more to be made. :)

Sorry that I missed your fix. I should have seen it come through Linville's list. I will push your fix through again.

We are in the process of unifying the in-house driver development at Realtek with what I have been doing in the kernel. Unfortunately, this will involve rather massive changes in all the codes. I am trying not to wipe out fixes such as this one, but I expect that others will slip through. Once this painful process is completed, maintaining the drivers should be a lot easier.

Larry