[RFT] PID based thermal governor

From: Eduardo Valentin
Date: Wed Sep 10 2014 - 10:25:53 EST

Hello Folks,

Javi and Punit have been sending a series of patches that add a PID
thermal governor. I have been reviewing the series and I believe it is
getting into a good shape already.

For this reason, I am sending this request for test. The patch set is
based on my next branch. I have pulled their changes into a branch
located here:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/evalenti/linux.git/log/?h=thermal_work/thermal_core/power_allocator

They also include the concept of power allocation mechanism. For now, I
am interested to see how the governor behaves in other platforms. I have
given it a try on the boards I have available, which are mainline OMAP
and Exynos based.

Cheers,

Eduardo Valentin