Re: [kernel.org PATCH] Li Zefan is now the 3.4 stable maintainer

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 14:40:12 EST

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 03:24:21PM +0800, Li Zefan wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> Sorry for my late reply.
>
> On 2014/8/27 12:59, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 04:08:58PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> >> Li has agreed to continue to support the 3.4 stable kernel tree until
> >> September 2016. Update the releases.html page on kernel.org to reflect
> >> this.
> >>
> > Li,
> >
> > it would be great if you can send me information about your -stable queue,
> > ie how you maintain it and where it is located. This will enable me to
> > continue testing the stable queue for the 3.4 kernel.
> >

> Thanks for testing LTS kernels!
>
> This is my 3.4.y git tree:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y.git/
>
> And this is the patch queue:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y-queue.git/
>
> I use quilt. When I've added some patches to 3.4.y, I'll update this
> queue. The patches and series file are under /patches. Currently there's
> already a patch in the queue.
>
> When I release a new version, I'll clean up the queue by removing all
> the files under /patches.
>
> Hope this is all the information you need. Please tell me if you need
> me to slightly adjust my workflow so it's easier for you.

It almost works.

Problem is that the pending patch got converted to use <cr><lf> instead of
just <lf> as common in Linux. When I try to apply it with "git quiltimport",
it bails out with "trailing whitespace" errors. "git am" with the individual
patch works fine for some reason, though.

I can try to find a workaround, but it would be better to have the file in
linux file format to start with. Would that be possible ?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to apply files in DOS format (lines
terminated with cr/lf) using quiltimport ?

Thanks,
Guenter