Re: Trickle charging for rtc-bq32k

From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Fri Aug 22 2014 - 10:29:00 EST

> _But_ this should probably be enabled using device tree entry, right?
> Unfortunately, the driver is i2c driver, not platform one, so I don't
> see how to do that easily...

Trickle charging is usually depending on the hardware setup, so
devicetree is actually a good place to put it. We'd just need generic
bindings so that they could be applied to various RTC. Just guessing,
resistor value would probably be one such property? We would not need
putting plain register values into DT.

There should be no difference regarding DT between i2c and platform
drivers.

You should add the devicetree ML for discussing such things.

> Or would module parameter be acceptable?

No, this is device dependent, not module dependent.

> * Copyright (C) 2009 Semihalf.
> + * Copyright (C) 2014 Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx>

IMO, such a small improvement does not justify claiming copyright on the
driver.