Re: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 495 at mm/slab_common.c:69 kmem_cache_create+0x1a9/0x330()

From: James Bottomley
Date: Wed Jul 30 2014 - 11:05:16 EST

On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 16:52 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 08:21:35AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Thanks, I've update the author, added a Cc to Ñtable and pushed it out to
> > > the core-for-3.17 branch.
> >
> > This fixes a bug in the 3.16 kernel. Why wouldn't it be sent to Linus
> > for inclusion in the final release there?
>
> I'm only collecting patches for scsi, but James remains formal maintainer, so
> I don't send anything to Linus. Given that delays between me committing
> things, them getting picked up by James and finally making it to Linux-next I
> don't feel like another for-3.16 branch at this point is easily workable.

It's been remarkably current, I believe ... it's already up to date.
However, we only have 2 -next builds between now and the anticipated
3.16 release (unless Linus does another -rc) so there's not enough time
for a patch that isn't already in (although this one is).

> If James wants to cherry pick it and send it on at this time that might
> still work fine, but he seems fairly busy.

I'll pull it out and refactor the tree.

James