Re: Allyesconfig for powerpc still Failing

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Jul 07 2014 - 23:07:24 EST

On 07/07/2014 07:45 PM, Nick Krause wrote:
Today I tested the allyesconfig for powerpc and it seems to be still
failing according to my tests.
Below are the error messages I get before the jobs finish and exit
failing the build.
Cheers Nick
arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S: Assembler messages:
arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:1331: Error: attempt to move .org backwards
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I submitted a patch to work around this problem a couple of weeks ago [1].
Unfortunately, with this patch applied, allyesconfig still fails with
relocation errors, but at least the above message is gone, and
allmodconfig passes.

Maybe we can convince Ben to accept the patch ...

Thanks,
Guenter

---
[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/30/607