Re: [RFC v4 2/2] backlight: device tree: add new tps611xx backlight binding

From: Mark Rutland
Date: Fri Jul 04 2014 - 12:31:32 EST

> > +- rfa-enable: enable request for acknowledge.
> > + ÂIf RFA is enabled, the data byte includes the RFA bit and device will
> wait
> > + Âand check acknowledge from device.
>
> You didn't answer my question as to why this should be in the DT.
>

> According to the RFA enable, the easy scale pin works differently.
> This value should be set before the first data transfer.

Sure, things works differently if this is set. That I understood.

What I haven't heard is a rationale as to why this configuration option
shuold be in the DT.

Can I enable this on all implementations, or not?

When would I enable this and when would I not?

The property reads like a switch to turn a feature on, rather than the
description of the presence of a feature.

Mark.