Re: Lattice ECP3 FPGA with i.MX6

From: Stefan Roese
Date: Thu Jul 03 2014 - 08:55:32 EST

On 03.07.2014 14:37, Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
I have a board, with a Freescale i.MX6 chip and a ECP3-35 FPGA on SPI.
I tried to load the firmware using the lattice-ecp3-config driver, but
it fails with this error :

lattice-ecp3 spi32766.3: FPGA bitstream configuration driver registered
lattice-ecp3 spi32766.3: Error: No supported FPGA detected (JEDEC_ID=808004c2)!

In the driver, the id is :

#define ID_ECP3_35 0xc2048080

Obviously, there is a big/little endian issue... Do I need to instruct
the device-tree in a specific way in order to get the bus in the
correct order ? Or is this a known issue maybe ?

No. This driver was implemented and tested in a MPC5200 system. Most likely I missed some endian issues as you already noticed. I suggest you start with looking at this line:

jedec_id = *(u32 *)&rxbuf[4];

And add some endian functions here, e.g. be32_to_cpu(). This might help with the detection. But other endian related issues might still be present in other parts of the driver as well.

HTP.

Thanks,
Stefan