Re: 3.15.2 build error on AMD64

From: Nick Warne
Date: Sun Jun 29 2014 - 15:06:42 EST

On 28/06/14 14:09, Nick Warne wrote:

On 28/06/14 13:23, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:55:07AM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
Whoops - that is WRONG (too many ssh terminals)

gcc version 4.2.4

That's some old compiler. Anyway, I can't trigger it here with gcc 4.6
and 4.9.

Can you do

$ make clean
$ make V=1 fs/mbcache.i >>w.log 2>&1
$ make V=1 fs/mbcache.s >>w.log 2>&1

and zip and send me fs/mbcache.i, fs/mbcache.s and w.log.

OK, fs/mbcache.s didn't appear.

logs attached.

OK, I just spent three months building GCC 4.7.4 today (thank god the world cup is on to watch instead) and 3.15.2 built fine, and server is up and running great.

This then is an old(er) version of GCC issue (but I dunno what).

Sorry for the noise and thanks.

Nick
--
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation."
FSF Associate Member 5508