Re: __schedule #DF splat

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 06:18:43 EST

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:26:50PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 05:32:28PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > so I'm looking at this splat below when booting current linus+tip/master
> > in a kvm guest. Initially I thought this is something related to the
> > PARAVIRT gunk but it happens with and without it.
>
> Ok, here's a cleaner splat. I went and rebuilt qemu to latest master
> from today to rule out some breakage there but it still fires.

Ok, another observation: I was using qemu from sources from the other day:

v2.0.0-1806-g2b5b7ae917e8

Switching back to the installed one:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 --version
QEMU emulator version 1.7.1 (Debian 1.7.0+dfsg-6), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

fixes the issue.

Joerg says I should bisect but I'm busy with other stuff. If people are
interested in chasing this further, I could free up some time to do
so...

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.