Re: USB_MUSB_DA8XX with g_multi.ko

From: Andrzej Pietrasiewicz
Date: Wed Jun 25 2014 - 11:35:45 EST

W dniu 25.06.2014 17:13, Jon Ringle pisze:
In commit 787f5627bec80094db487bfcb401e9744f181aed
usb: musb: make davinci and da8xx glues depend on BROKEN

USB_MUSB_DA8XX was marked as BROKEN

A few months ago, we updated the linux kernel on our AM1808 SoC based
embedded board from Linux 2.6.33 to the latest long term 3.12.

I am interested in having the USB gadget support on my board, so I
removed BROKEN on USB_MUSB_DA8XX. I found that when I modprobe
g_ether, g_serial, and g_mass_storage (by themselves), they all appear
to work as expected, but if I try to use g_multi to have a composite
device supporting all three simultaneously, I run into failure during
initialization.

<snip>

From this I can see that it's failing on the following call in fsg_bind():
ep = usb_ep_autoconfig(gadget, &fsg_fs_bulk_in_desc);

Just a random guess (I don't know your hardware): how many bulk,
iso and interrupt endpoints does your hardware provide? Perhaps you
just run out of endpoints?

AP