Re: 3.16-rc1 problems vdso_addr , _mb_cache_entry_ , rtl8723au

From: David Rientjes
Date: Tue Jun 17 2014 - 18:37:13 EST

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014, werner wrote:

> Different to 3.15 , now for 3.16-rc1 the compiling list have warnings of any
> incompatibility for all subroutines
>
> and it don't build, because problems in vdso_addr and _mb_cache_entry_ The
> last is a problem occuring already in 3.15
>
> also subroutine rtl8723au don't compile

It's probably not a good idea to just post a collection of build errors in
one email that isn't cc'd to anyone in particular and expect the issues to
be addressed.

- The staging errors should be reported directly to the people
responsible for those drivers, check git-blame for who to email: not
everything in staging is guaranteed to compile at any time, it's very
fluid.

- The __builtin_log2() problem should be fixed with "fs/mbcache.c:
replacing __builtin_log2() with ilog2()" that was written specifically
due to your previous error report, see
http://marc.info/?t=140147146600003

- I can't reproduce your align_vdso_addr() problem, please send your
.config