Re: workqueue: WARN at at kernel/workqueue.c:2176

From: Jason J. Herne
Date: Tue May 27 2014 - 10:19:31 EST

On 05/16/2014 12:29 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:18:06AM +0800, Lai Jiangshan wrote:
so the scheduler/set_cpus_allowed_ptr()/cpu_active_mask should be the first
place to fix.

I'm not arguing about that, not to mention that this is userspace
exposed and nobody protects that.

But I was expecting kernel stuff that calls it on hotplug to be
serialized thusly, but apparently not so.

Was a final patch posted for this issue? The discussion made it sound like there were still a few things to figure out before we could resolve this bug. I can recreate this as needed and I'm happy to test any patches.

--
-- Jason J. Herne (jjherne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)