Re: balance storm

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue May 27 2014 - 09:13:31 EST

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 08:55:20PM +0800, Libo Chen wrote:
> On 2014/5/27 17:48, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> > In any case, I'm not sure what the 'regression' report is against, as
> > there's only a single kernel version mentioned: 3.4, and that's almost a

> upstream has the same problem, I have mentioned before.

Not on anything that landed in my inbox I think, but that's not the
point. For a regression report you need _2_ kernel versions, one with
and one without the 'problem'.

Providing one (or two) that have a problem doesn't qualify.

In any case, I didn't see the original email, but I got the impression
that it was complaining about 'new' behaviour from the bits I did see as
quoted.