Re: dcache shrink list corruption?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Apr 30 2014 - 19:05:11 EST

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've just pushed the whole thing to vfs.git#for-linus;
> review and testing would be very welcome.

I have no half-way relevant test-case for this, so I'm hoping people
who have good VFS stress-tests (preferably under memory pressure so
that we get that whole shrinking path) will test.

But it looks fine.

That said, I do hate that RCU read-lock around the final spin-unlock.

Let me go talk to the paravirt people. Maybe they don't need this, and
I don't know exactly *how* they use that lock pointer after the unlock
in the "kick waiters" part. Maybe it's all good.

Linus