Re: kaslr should avoid setup_data region

From: Kees Cook
Date: Thu Apr 24 2014 - 18:54:32 EST

Ah, it sounds like boot_params.hdr.setup_data contains a series of
e820-like entries chained together as a linked list? Which loaders
currently populate that? Looks like EFI? Seems like
arch/x86/boot/compressed/eboot.c works on setup_data at least.

I won't be in a position to test EFI booting for a while. If someone
else took this, that would make it get fixed much faster.

Do you have examples where this is actually causing failures?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Chrome OS Security