Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.0.0-rc0

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Sun Apr 20 2014 - 17:13:27 EST

Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> * transport-helper, fast-import and fast-export have been updated to
>> allow the ref mapping and ref deletion in a way similar to the
>> natively supported transports.
>
> Have they?

Yikes, no. This was me mischaracterizingg the merge at 90e6255a6d01
(Merge branch 'fc/transport-helper-fixes', 2014-03-18). It was
about letting the transport respond to 'force', and not about ref
mapping, I think.

Thanks for spotting.

Will remove that section from the release notes in the meantime. As
to the resurrection of the series, that will have to cook outside
'master' at least for the remainder of this cycle.