Re: [RFC 1/1] fs/reiserfs/journal.c: Remove obsolete __GFP_NOFAIL

From: One Thousand Gnomes
Date: Mon Mar 24 2014 - 10:00:23 EST

> The whole point of __GFP_NOFAIL is to centralise this
> wait-for-memory-for-ever operation. So it is implemented in a common
> (core) place and so that we can easily locate these problematic
> callers.

For reiserfs I'm not sure it's worth bothering. If you get an out of
memory or disk caused block read failure in the wrong location it'll copy
random data over low physical memory (its one of several filesystems
which happily memcpy to errno values)

Making reiserfs go away would be a much better long term option IMHO

Alan