thermal-zones DT node bound by name rather than compatible property

From: Stephen Warren
Date: Thu Mar 06 2014 - 12:57:18 EST

Commit 4e5e4705bf69 "thermal: introduce device tree parser" introduced
the text below into Documentation/devicetree/bindings/thermal/thermal.txt:

> * The thermal-zones node
>
> The "thermal-zones" node is a container for all thermal zone nodes. It shall
> contain only sub-nodes describing thermal zones as in the section
> "Thermal zone nodes". The "thermal-zones" node appears under "/".

This implies that software must find the thermal-zones node by node
name. Node names aren't supposed to be significant in DT. Rather,
software is supposed to bind to a node by searching for all nodes with a
particular value in the compatible property. While there are some legacy
counter-examples such as /aliases, /chosen, and /cpus, I don't think we
should propagate any more of these in new bindings.

Can this mistake in the binding definition be rectified, or is it too late?