Re: Closing on the CR2 leak bug

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 18:41:33 EST

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:34:00 -0800
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So we need to get something into x86/urgent for the CR2 bug.
>
> It seems like a no-brainer to do the hoisting patch, for which I prefer
> the version proposed by Jiri Olsa which reads %cr2 and then passes it to
> __do_page_fault() in a GPR:
>
> http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20140228160526.GD1133@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> As fart as I can tell this should fix Vince's problem as well.
>
> Anyone who objects to this? Otherwise I will put it in tip:x86/urgent
> tomorrow.
>
> Do we need any more refinements this late in the -rc cycle?

The only other issue is if perf traces from function context and traces
the trace_do_page_fault() call. But other than that, sure, take Jiri's
patch.

Acked-by: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Please also add the reported/tested-by from Vince Weaver and add a
Link: to the other thread, as it got pretty detailed there too.

-- Steve