Re: Is there any list for newbie bugs?

From: Henrik Austad
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 05:11:04 EST

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 03:10:54PM +0530, Gideon D'souza wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> In my quest for work in the linux kernel I was looking at bugs.
>
> While I have a general idea of the kernel (including KDB) most of the
> bugs I've seen (under process management and drivers) are very
> contrived to me.
>
> I was wondering if there is anything like a good_first_bug or
> newbie_bug list anywhere?
>
> If not, anyone out there know any bugs a kernel toddler can try and attack?

As with anything, the simple bugs tend to be removed quite quickly, I don't
think many kernelhackers leave the easy bugs "just to be nice to newbies" -
whenever a bug is discovered they are fixed.

However, I discovered http://eudyptula-challenge.org/ a little while ago.
Be warned, I haven't tested it, not sure what the challenge is like, but
might as well be a good place to start.

Good luck!

--
Henrik Austad